Happy Easter, friends! Weather you’re hosting a big Easter brunch or laying low with family, these adorable bird nests will be the hit of any festive gathering. These were one of my Grandma’s signature Easter desserts and as a kid, I absolutely loved helping her make them! This year, it was really special to have Aiden make them with me and it only took us about 20 minutes from start to finish.
Chow Mein Noodle + Marshmallow Bird’s Nests
What You’ll Need
10 oz. bag mini marshmallows
6 tbsp. butter + extra for greasing pan
4 cups dry chow mien noodles
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Cadbury Mini Eggs
1. Grease cupcake tins with melted butter or Crisco and set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan, melt 6 tbsp. of unsalted butter over low heat.
3. Pour in the mini marshmallows, stirring constantly until the marshmallows are completely melted and are a smooth consistency.
4. Next, stir in the vanilla extract and 4 cups of Chow Mein Noodles. Remove from heat and fill each cupcake tin ¾ of the way with mixture.
5. Allow mixture to cool slightly and then using the back of a clean spoon or thumb, press down to create an indent in center of each noodle filled cup.
6. Allow nests to cool completely.
7. Remove nests from cupcake tin and place in cupcake liners (optional). Place 3 Cadbury chocolate eggs inside each nest and sprinkle with gold edible glitter (optional).
Happy baking, friends!