I’m going to start off by giving you a little family history. I come from a long-line of chocolate lovers. It’s safe to assume that it all started with my Grandma’s great-grandma x10, but for the purposes of this story, I am going to speak from what I know…
Growing up, my grandma had a chocolate bar stash in every drawer of her house and in the pockets of her purse + coat and even melted in her car. I’m not even kidding! There was always some type of hot fudge or chocolate chip cookie waiting for us when we got home from school and every holiday was filled with more chocolate desserts than one could count.
One of her most famous holiday chocolate desserts were these incredibly rich and chewy chocolate fudge balls. She only made them around Thanksgiving + Christmas time, so we counted down the days until we could have them again. What’s great about them is that they’re so easy to make + you only need 3 ingredients! On a side note, I’m trying to stick with her tradition of only making them around the holiday because boy, I loose all self control and could eat them by the handful!
Grandma’s 3 Ingredient Chocolate Truffles
What You’ll Need
1 lb. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup of heavy whipping cream
Festive sprinkles or chopped nuts
Mini cupcake liners
1. Bring cream to a simmer over low heat.
2. Add chocolate and stir until smooth.
3. Pour into bowl and refrigerate until hardened – at least two hours.
4. Place sprinkles or chopped nuts into small glass bowls and set aside.
5. Shaped into balls with cool, dry hands. We used to keep a bowl of ice near by to make our hands extra cold. You’ll just want to make your hands are dry when attempting to roll the fudge into balls. Otherwise, the chocolate will stick to your hands. Warning, it will stick to your hands regardless so be prepared to wash your hands a few times during this process.
6. Roll fudge balls, one at a time, in various toppings and set into mini cupcake tins. Store fudge balls in fridge in a dry, air tight container for up to a week.
Enjoy! Happy baking, friends!