One of my favorite things about the fall season is all of the rich + hearty meals. I love trying to incorporate these seasonal flavors into our meals and creating a diverse menu for us! After a little experimenting in the kitchen, I’ve created a new fall staple for our house.
With how busy our life is, I'm always looking for meals that can simmer on the stove and this recipe requires little attention throughout the cooking process. The rich, yet sweet flavors from the cider pair so nicely with the pumpkin pasta sauce and sharpness of the shaved brussel sprouts, that even your picky eaters will love this flavorful dish... Trust me, I'm speaking from experience 😜
Ground Apple Cider Chicken
What You'll Need
1 Cup Spiced Apple Cider
1 ½ Diced Red Delicious Apples
¼ Cup Minced White Onion
1/4 Teaspoon of Cloves
½ Tablespoons of Garlic Paste
2 Tablespoons of Butter
Dash of Salt
1 lb. of Ground Chicken (You could also use this mixture as a marinade for chicken breasts and cook the chicken + all of the ingredients in a cast iron skillet.)
1. In a large pan, melt butter on low heat. Once butter is completely melted, add garlic paste, apple cider, onions and apples to pan +cover and cook on low heat for 25 minutes.
2. Once apples have softened, add in ground chicken and cook thoroughly until meat is fully cooked.
3. Serve with Orzo, Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Butternut Squash Harvest Pasta Sauce and shaved brussel sprouts.
Pumpkin Butternut Squash Orzo
What You'll Need
1 Bag. Orzo
1 Jar of Pumpkin Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce (We loved the Trader Joe's Brand)
1 Cup of Diced Butternut Squash (Option)
1/2 Cup of Fresh Parmesan Cheese - Grated
1. If you plan on using the diced butternut squash in the recipe, you're going to want to boil on high until soft - roughly 10 minutes. Drain + set aside.
2. Following the instruction on the bag, cook Orzo and drain in the same container as the butternut squash.
3. In a large pan, heat pumpkin butternut squash sauce until hot and then stir in the cooked orzo and brussel sprouts.
4. Mix in 1/4 cups grated parmesan cheese + set remained of the cheese aside for an additional topping.
Shaved Brussel Sprouts
What You'll Need:
15-20 Brussel Sprouts
1. Preheat oven to 375. Using a food processor, chop brussel sprouts until they're finely shaved. You can also cut them with a knife to achieve the designed shaved consistency.
2. Spread brussel sprouts over a cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil, salt/pepper and garlic salt. Mix around to ensure that the brussel sprouts are evenly covered.
3. Cook for 18-25 minutes or until crispy.
You can serve all of the items separately or mix them together in one large pan. I hope you enjoy this recipe! Stay tuned for more fall recipes and baking.