A few weeks ago, I shared my grandma’s famous holiday chocolate truffles. Whether you decided to make her original recipe or this peppermint twist, you’ll fall in love with these incredibly rich chocolate truffles!
Grandma’s Chocolate Truffles With a Peppermint Twist
What You’ll Need
1 lb. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup of heavy whipping cream
½ cup crushed candy canes
Mini cupcake liners
1. Bring cream to a simmer over low heat.
2. Add chocolate and stir until smooth.
3. Pour into bowl and refrigerate until hardened – at least two hours.
4. Place crushed candy canes into small glass bowl and set aside.
5. Shape into balls with cool, dry hands. We use to keep a bowl of ice near by to make our hands extra cold. You’ll just want to make your hands are dry when attempting to roll the fudge into balls. Otherwise, the chocolate will stick to your hands. Warning, it will stick to your hands regardless so be prepared to wash your hands a few times during this process.
6. Roll fudge balls, one at a time, in various toppings and set into mini cupcake tins. Store fudge balls in fridge in a dry, air tight container for up to a week.